Friday, February 18, 2011

I love my PC

There are many debates on whether a PC or MAC is better. I have just read a series of articles on the matter, but I have found that they do not answer the question very well. I guess it is good to hear from my experiences on PC and MACs.
I remember when my friend got her first laptop and it was a MAC. I thought the computer was very interesting, but not enough for me to want to buy it. I just was not interested at all, I thought that it was cool because the keys would light up, but that was it.
Then I decided to buy a laptop and it was a Toshiba, I loved my Toshiba. It had a nice big screen and the numerical pad, perfect for gaming. I also loved that I can control certain things. Like I was able to set up when I want to update my computer and what anti-virus program was best for me. I was also able to fix my computer very easily and I was definitely not careless with it. For instance, I did not download Limewire or any of that illegal stuff. HINT things that you should not have on your computer can be very bad. I found out that the music files that get transferred could have a trojan horse or malware in the file. Trust me I had to help a couple people fix their computers because of it.
Later on, after about two years my computer got stolen, so I had to buy a new one and it was a Gateway. At first I did not like the Gateway because while I was playing the game, suddenly the game would turn off or freeze. I thought that it was a computer issue, but no it was the fact that the game was not compatible with Windows Vista. So when I downloaded the newer game Sims 3, then it worked just fine. I also found that Microsoft offers a free anti-virus and malware protection service called Microsoft Security Essentials and it works very well. I have never had a virus with this computer and there has not been any problems with Vista. The only problems that I had was the CD drive, but that is a Gateway issue not a Microsoft Windows issue.


I think that the solution is to this debate is to look at the PC users, are they taking care of the computer. Some people do not take care of the computers and as a result the computer crashes or gets a virus. I have had this computer for three years and I have taken great care of this computer and it works just fine. It may get a little rough at sometimes, but then I just restart it and put it in safemode to find the problem before running to Bestbuy.

I have no problems with MACs, they are nice computers. However, I much prefer the PC over the MAC. I just like them and I have played around with MACs they are just not as appealing and I do not wish to pay over one thousand dollars for a computer.