Saturday, July 13, 2013

Why Does Everything Have to Involve Race in America?

This question is my topic for this blog and I am going to try to provide some answers for it in a simple way.
  
  1. We live in America that identifies people by race -- We have to learn to not say I am black, I am white, I am brown.  We need to change that because then maybe less people will turn it into a race issue
  2. Americans can turn a simple issue into a race issue--I love this one because the race card gets so easily pulled out.  We can turn just about anything into a race issue if it involves two people of different colors.  Except most of the time the real issue was never about the color of your skin.  There was a Democrat, I forget his name, he decided to rail against Conddoleezza Rice because she is a black Republican.  You choose your party not based on the color of your skin, you choose a party that is most aligned with your values.  That is not a race issue.
  3. Once again we live in America that has an issue of racism--like most nations they have all had this problem.  We Americans forget that this was recent past and we are still trying to get over it and make sure everything is equal.  This process takes time and it will continue to take time. Membership of the Ku KLux Klan is a perfect indicator things are changing and people are becoming more accepting.  They will soon be of no influence at all in the future. 
  4. Once again America asks us to identify by race rather then just being American---This is a very important reason why we cannot get over the race problem because they still expect us to identify by color.  When
  5.  in truth we are all Americans.  We may have different ethnic backgrounds, different traditions, and different cultures, but we are all Americans.

Personally, I do not care about the color of anyone's skin because I believe that we are all Americans.  However, we need to start changing the way we think.  Furthermore, change does not occur right away, but it takes time.  President Obama he knows that change does not occur right away and he knows that it is going to take time.  Furthermore, when they pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, I am pretty sure they knew they were still going to hear cases of discrimination because people do not change overnight. 

Lastly, I am pretty sure you know why I am posting this on this day.  Well, its because I saw many posts on this Zimmerman case.  Here is my opinion, not taking race into account here.  The state of Florida failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt he committed murder.  Florida prosecutors failed to prove their case and that is the problem.  It is not the justice system, it was the state of Florida.

People say a black man has no justice, but I do know of several cases where a black man was acquitted of all his charges.  I have a friend that was acquitted.