Thursday, March 31, 2011

New York City, no sweats?



So here I am in New York City, one of the busiest places on earth. There are the benefits and there are the costs of living in this place. I love the fact that I can walk around and not see one person with the same ethnicity of the next person. That represents the American Dream, people coming from different countries to establish a better life. The American dream is not about becoming rich all the time, but making a new and better life. New York represents America in some ways. I love the fact that you can find different types of food and drink here more then anywhere else. New York is the melting pot of America. You even see Americans from other states flocking to New York City to live there, establish a new life in a city. You can meet all sorts of people here in this city.

However, I also see the costs and there are plenty of them for me. Now you readers are probably going to have different opinions and the way you want to live and that is fine. My preference for living is in Arizona, I love Arizona. Phoenix is wonderful and great and I love it more then New York City. I like the facts that the streets are not packed with tons of people. Although you have to drive everywhere I still love it. New York has the benefit of cheaper subway and you can walk anywhere. However, I love the openness of Arizona, I love being able to have fresh air, see mountains in the distance, drive by farmland. I love the facts that I can see the stars at night.

Also another thing is that people look at you differently if you wear sweats into a store. The workers there will pay no mind to you and they think that you are poor. I like the fact that I can go into a store in sweats and slippers and no one looks at you differently. You actually have to dress decently so that people will not look at you like you are poor.

New York is not for me and I know it and I can feel it. The city life is not the best place for me and everyone is different.