Monday, June 11, 2012

Nanny State: People Predicted this Would Happen

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/06/7550-18-crazy-examples-america-is-turning-into-a-nanny-state/

America the Nanny State Welcomes You.  We get to tell you what to eat, how to dress, how to spend your money, and get to control your personal life.  That is how America is turning out to be and I am not surprised at all.  Political Scientists have predicted that this would happen.  This all began with The Great Depression when states and the American people really needed the help of the federal government.  However, the states are getting a bit out of control with the the whole lets control what every American does in their lives.  The government makes its seem like they do not have bigger problems then telling someone to not feed the homeless and have a special team come into people's homes to get expired milk.  

Why does the government not focus on improving the school systems rather than worrying about what a kid brings to school for lunch, in which that is the parents right to pack whatever the heck they want into their child's lunch. You are so worried about Americans having Bible Studies in their own homes that you forget to tell teachers and leaders to stress moral values to bring down the crime rates.  

Minnesota is worried about muddy vehicles when they should continue to stress the extreme importance of not driving while intoxicated and drive the correct way.  

Finally, the government is so worried about what the heck we say on the internet because it protects us.  I understand that you want to keep us safe, but we have the right to say what we want and when we want as long as it does not incite violence or is hate speech.  

Word to the government, which you are likely viewing this.  Read up on the Constitution and look at the ways that you are violating it.  The 14 Amendment made the Bill of Rights applicable in any state and you clearly violate them on a daily basis. Read the Founding Fathers books, letters and articles to understand how they wanted America to be.  Many may think they are already in ashes and this is modern America, however they valued our liberty and happiness more than anything.  They fought a revolution so that we can say what we want and go as high as we want to in this country and my government is not going to prevent me from going as high as I want to g.  I think that government is necessary and I am thankful that the government has helped me to get through my life and what not, but there is such a thing as too much government interference.

I thank the Founding Fathers for giving me the freedom to say what I want and do what I want as long as I do not hurt others.  I feel that government is necessary.  On the other hand, I am American and I will fight to protect my liberty and be able to keep my individuality.  

THE FIVE THINGS AMERICA IS BUILT ON
  1. INDIVIDUALISM
  2. CIVIC DUTY: LOOK AT STATISTICS WE DONATE MORE MONEY AS INDIVIDUALS
  3. POPULAR SOVEREIGNTY
  4. LIBERTY 
  5. EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY: