Monday, October 15, 2012

Visitor vs. Tourist

So Friday on the 12 of October I arrived in to NYC. Once I got out of Penn Station I had this feeling that I never left and that I could go anywhere I want without any help at all.  I came back and I felt like I could just go anywhere because I still remembered where the subway lines went or what streets take me where.  

Over these past couple of days I have been doing normal things like, I went shopping at Fishes Eddy, went to a few stores, went to church, and went to Starbucks to do homework.  I felt like I was doing things that I had did two years ago, but this time I did not permanently live in NYC and I was no longer a student at King's.  

There is a small difference between tourist and visitor. When I came here as a tourist, I wanted to go to all the sites and see what made New York what it was.  However, this time all I wanted to do is hang out with my friends and go and do things we did when I lived here.

I am still in NYC right now till tomorrow.  I will be posting another post tomorrow or Wednesday!!