Friday, August 16, 2013

Personal Prison

I believe that it is safe to assume that we all have a personal prison.  Think about the place that is a personal prison to you.  My personal prison is home.  it is my prison because people try to make me feel like I am obligated to take care of them. They get mad if I do not put them before my personal needs.  If I work during a time they need to go to work I get hell for it.  I get so sick and tired of it, but there is nothing I can do to get away at the moment.  

At one point in my life I lived in New York and it was one of the best moments in my life because I did not have to be obligated to anyone, it was all about me.  Also people remembered me by my name and not as someones sister or friend.  It was an amazing time.

However, I should have stayed, but I left after one year. That is where I went back to my prison cell. Once again, I was known as someones sister or someones friend.  Once again, I am the little piece of shit that no one cares about and there are times when I think that if I was gone would they care about me?  

Here in Arizona I am a nobody.  That is okay because one day I will leave this state and drop those that found me as insignificant.