Monday, January 23, 2012

Joe Paterno and the Westboro Baptist Church

So the Westboro Baptist Church has decided that they are going to picket his funeral. It is there right to do what they want and say what they want. They say that he is going to hell for the child molestation and abuse that he has committed against those little boys. How do you know that he is going to hell? What if he believes in God and has asked God to forgive him for the crimes that he has committed? What gives you the right to predict his damnation? He is to be judged by God and only God.

The church that I go to is to love people for who they are and accept them for who they are. I may not agree that homosexuality is the right way to live, but that is what I believe. I have plenty of friends that are homosexuals, if they want to do what they want to do that is fine.

Joe Paterno was wrong for what he did, but I will let God be the judge of him. I think that the pastor and the whole church community should look at themselves before judging others. Even my statement is a contradiction because I know that I judge others too I try not to, but we all do it either voluntarily or involuntarily.

I think that Westboro is a little bit on the extreme.