Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A bunch of Hard-Headed People

So I always wondered why me, my sister, and my mom always get into arguments. Well, during the past couple of days I realized why. It is because we are so hard-headed. We do not like to listen to other people's opinion if it is different from ours. If we do disagree it always turns into an argument of trying to convince one another why we are right.

Now if we say, "well its my opinion," Then the other person feels like they have lost the battle or the other person just surrendered. Then the argument continues because we feel either of those two emotions, defeat or surrender.

My mom, sister, and I are all hard-headed, opinionated, and determined to do things our way or no way at all. If people see us argue they all think something is wrong with us. However, nothing is wrong with us because I think that God just happened to give us the same traits. Now He likely wants us to work on how to cope with the fact that we are all the same and we need to learn how to compromise. Also learn how to avoid feeling like we got defeated or surrender.

People may think that we are dysfunctional. However, we all got some kind of dis-functionality in our families. I just know that at the end of the day is that we all love one another.