Friday, April 8, 2011

One Person in One Big City


Now I am always complaining about New York City: there are no stars, open fields, and so forth. However, I guess the one benefit of New York City is that you can sit in a park and cry your eyes out without anyone noticing or caring. I know that sounds terrible, but it makes me cry more when people ask and when people want to give hugs. Also I am ashamed when I cry in front of my friends sometimes because I think I am intruding upon people and my friends. I know that friends are people that you run to when you have problems, but sometimes it is hard for me because I always feel like I am intruding upon them. That could be reason as to why I have not had a boyfriend in such a long time. However, I like the fact that I can do that and no one will ask me .

Yesterday after the Interregnum with my school, we were all at the Shake Shack and that is when I decided to go and sit on a bench alone and cry. The reason why I was crying is because I am a jumper with my friends. I do not belong to any particular group, I do not know why. However, I do have many different friends that are in many different groups. So I tend to visit one group of friends and then jump to another, but I never feel part of a group. I do not think that I ever will either. I know that God wants us to have community and we are meant to socialize with others. However, I feel weird when I am in groups, I guess it is because I have not found the right crowd with. Granted I have found a group of friends I work well with and I feel like a belong, but the problem is that I have not been able to get that intrusion feeling off of me yet