Saturday, April 16, 2011

2:30 am the F Train

Alright so here I am sitting on the F train and just desiring to be in my bed. Then I hear a conversation start up about the AMERICAN DREAM. I was like this is going to be interesting. However, this conversation is going on between one drunk man and a sober woman. She made the argument that you can never have the American dream because you will never get to where you want to be no matter how hard you work. His drunken argument is that it is possible to get where you want to be if you work. However, she continuously to disagree. My opinion is that there is an American dream, but it is what you want your American dream to be. The American dream does not have to be making so much money that you can by designer clothes for the rest of your life. The American dream can be whatever you want it to be , if you want to be a rich socialite, well find your way to become that. The American dream can be a housewife, a regional manger for Starbucks (I so would not mind having that job), a politician, a business man, an artist, a musician, a soldier, working for the Red cross, and etc... I believe that working hard does get you where you want to be. The only thing to ask yourself is, "where do I want to be when I am 35?" Then you find what the necessary work is to get to where you want to be. I think for myself I want to home-school my children and be a stay at home mother. However, I am getting the degrees that I need for a back up plan if I cannot afford to be a stay at home mother or I am single for the rest of my life. That is what I ultimately would love to do. Now if I do have to find work, I think that I will work with kids in juvenile facilities to tell them to do better with their lives. I would love to work with them and plus on some levels I can relate to them